What is my Premix Ratio????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my Premix Ratio????

I have a 1998 1200XL, What is my correct premix ratio? I have removed my oil pump and installed the block-off plate. But I keep hearing different ratios to use.

Thanks

Re: What is my Premix Ratio????

50:1 is considered the normal mix for the Yamaha family.

Use good oil, don't go on the cheap in that dept, if you power valves in the exhaust port, synthetic be your best choice.
    ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

32:1 is correct for the powervalve motors, that is the heaviest the pumps went to at WOT. 50:1 is for all other Yamahas.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

OK guys, i have read 40:1 and 50:1 as the ratio's for premix on Yamaha. I have a 760XL and am almost finished with first tank of gas for break-in on "new" SBT engine, what is the correct ratio for next tank, using Yamalube? Thx

Comment

Mix it 40:1 and you will be fine.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X