Mikuni SBN Check Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikuni SBN Check Valve

The two fuel pump check valves on a Mikuni SBN come with a blue mark on them. Does this mark face the metal it seals against or away from it?

Re: Mikuni SBN Check Valve

It doesn't matter, the mark is just so you can see them.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I seem to recall that the instructions in the genuine MIKUNI kits state the blue dot is to indicate which direction the valve supposed to be installed.
      ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

After I read your message, I went to the garbage and pulled out the paper that came with the kit. You are correct. Evidently, one side is cupped. I am having a horrible time with my carbs causing a lean condition that cannot be corrected. If these are wrong, is is enough to cause a major fuel supply problem? Also, do I have to buy 2 complete kits to get the check valves?

Comment

Yes Mikuni's are cupped, ours are flat and it doesn't matter.

I was assuming because you are posting on our site you meant our kits, my apologies.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I started with the SBT kit and the repalced it with a Mikuni kit while troubleshooting. This must not be my problem.

Comment

Working...
            X