aftermarket head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket head

i have an 01 gp1200r looking for a little more power, i have the scoop grate and pump seal kit and will be adding a 13/19 prop soon. will adding an aftermarket head take away from the reliability and its life of the engine?

No. If a quality head is installed and proper fuel used, it will not significantly effect overall life. It's care and use that determines a ski's life.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

JETSKR---Just be sure to use good quality fuel 92-93 and you will be fine. We have 1200R heads in stock.
      I would also add that there will probably be some carb adjustments to be made when installing the head.
      www.ISLANDRACINGPERFORMANCE.com

www.ISLANDRACING.net

Comment

will it require just tuning the carbs or rejetting? oh, by the way, i have also remomved the cat converter and installed a d plate and free flow tube, just curious if i have to rejet the carbs are not????

Comment

If ANYTHING is done to the motor on the 66v, I usually recommend rejetting the carbs. Ive seen too many times when these carbs arent jetted correctly and leads to engine seizure, especially if anything is done to the airbox. The carbs on the 66v are notorious for this. If your going to go through the trouble of pulling the carb rack, drilling out the tamper caps which block the high and low speed adjusters, i would set up the carbs the right way the first time around.
          www.ISLANDRACINGPERFORMANCE.com

www.ISLANDRACING.net

Comment

Island Racing,

ON a stock 98 GP 760 does there need to be any pop off adjustment or jetting changes for just installing K&N F/A ? The only mod it the choke plates removed and installed primer kit and now want to put the K&Ns. Is it safe to say we could just turn the needles out some for this?

Thanks,
            Mike

Comment

TECH,

what do you think on this...I've heard you really don't on this engine have to do any jet changes or Pop off ...what's your 2cents?

Thanks,
              <mike>

Comment

On a 760, head only changes, you will need to open your high screws about a 1/4 turn to start from for safety, the rear cylinder in particualr.

Comment

NO head work...just K&N filters...? =0)

MIke

Comment

K&N on a 760 - I would drop pop-off to 20, and jet one up on highs, turn the low out 1/2 turn to start.

Comment

Working...
                    X