Low oil indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low oil indicator

I know that you guys have probably answered these questions a thousand times but here goes. I have a 1996 Yamaha Waveraider 700 model # RA700B. 1. I went to premix so how do you prevent the low oil warning light from coming on? 2.Going by the Clymer manual it says that the intial settings for low speed is 1 7/8 turns, and the high speed setting is 1 5/8 turns, both are + or - 1/4 turn. Does that seem about right. I used the rebuild kit from SBT. 3. How do you ajust the carb on intial break in of motor when that seems to be in conflict with how you are suppose to adjust the carb by reading the plugs? Any help would be appriecated. Thanks
    "America Loves a Winner And Will Not Tolerate A Loser"

Either unplug the sending unit wire from the tank or you will need to splice them togeather to stop the low oil light. You should not need to adjust the carbs for break-in of a new engine. You just need to premix the first tank at 32:1 and follow the break-in procedure in tech section. Just set the carbs to the factory settings and you should be fine.
    Providing mobile JetSki service to the Charlotte / Lake Wylie area.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply this is my first ski and just tring to make sure I do things correctly. I have the engine installed for a month now its just been to cold to ride it and break it in.

Comment

Also are you suppose to run 32:1 ratio plus the SBT break in oil? Or are you suppose to use the sbt break in oil as part of the initial tank?(32:1)

Comment

Use the SBT oil as part of the 32:1 - that 32oz we supply is good for 8 gallons at that ratio - use your regualr oil for the rest. After your first tank go to 50:1.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X