2005 Yamaha VX110 4stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Yamaha VX110 4stroke

What typical life span/hours of 2005 VX100? I am looking at one with about 550 hours on it but clean as a whistle and sounds/runs good? Just don't want to get it and find out another 100 hours needs new engine??

Thanks for info...

Re: 2005 Yamaha VX110 4stroke

Seems no one knows for sure, Its always a gamble when buying a used ski.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Is there any kind of trend for hours on 4 strokes SBT has seen in the engines at all??

Comment

Originally posted by isitreel
        What typical life span/hours of 2005 VX100? I am looking at one with about 550 hours on it but clean as a whistle and sounds/runs good? Just don't want to get it and find out another 100 hours needs new engine??

Thanks for info...
        do a compression check if its cheap price get it specialy if you just going to use it every once in a while i bought 2 vx110s with 20 hours paid 5 grand a piece with trailer :beer

Comment

The average person rides about 50 hrs per season, It sounds like this ski might have been a rental unit. If it runs good and you get it for the right price and only got 2 seasons out of the motor, then it might still be worth it. Use your best judgement. good luck.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks will do.... Seems like a good shop which rented them been there 15 years so looks like take good care of there livelyhood...

Comment

Working...
            X