NO GAS 1200xlt fel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO GAS 1200xlt fel problem

I have 2 2001 1200XLTs and for some reason they are not getting any fuel. Both had sat with no fuel in the lines. However, when I prime the cylinders they fire right up until the fule is completely burned out and then dies. I hooked up an electronic fuel pump on the line and it fired right up. Is there any way to fill the fuel lines up without using such pump?

Re: NO GAS 1200xlt fel problem

STOP!!! trying to put a band-aid on a major wound or the next call will be to SBT for a new motor

Time to rebuild the carbs.
    www.ISLANDRACINGPERFORMANCE.com

www.ISLANDRACING.net

Comment

I only tried it once. Obviously these skiis aren't built for such pump. This was about 5 months ago. I have used the ski since then without the pump assistance. How do I prime the lines because even the fuel filter is dry

Comment

One of the 1200xlt's has the carbs rebuilt....do the sending units go bad often?

Comment

Sounds like the fuel pump seals dried out, Might need rebuilding also open up the carbs and make sure the needle and seats are not stuck. Dont run a two stroke out of fuel for storage, just add gas stabilizer and start the ski up for a few seconds every once in a while to keep the fuel moving around in the carbs.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Do you know what a fuel pump seal looks like. Is it off the sending unit? Looking at the schematics I cannot find what it looks like so that I can dignose the issue

Comment

The fuel pumps are part of the carb, its mounted to the back side of the carbs, with fuel lines going into them, and pulse line from the crank case going to them.
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

gotcha...I know exactly what your talking about

Comment

Working...
                X