summerizing a vx110?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summerizing a vx110?

Hi, I'm sort of newer to PWCs. been riding for a long time but this is my first time owning one. I need to summerize it but the dealer i bought it from wants $275 to do that! and he told me only 'about $20 of that is parts'! this seems a bit of an outrageous price to me... how hard is it to do yourself? my boyfriend is a mechanic and said he'll do it himself.. I was going to go to the local yamaha dealer and see how much they charged to compare. I just couldn't believe it would be nearly $300 to do what seems to be not much work.

Re: summerizing a vx110?

If you are looking to save some money each season then you can purchase an oil change pump and do your services your self. Its not a difficult task. You can buy oil filters from us and buy your oil from any autoparts store. We also can provide you with spark plugs if you dont want to get them locally. The oil change pump kit is available at WestMarine and sells for about $65.00. (will try to find a part number for you). Your pre season tune up should not require any thing more than an oil change , sparkplug change and re charge of your battery. You will want to inspect all of the cables, steering, throttle and reverse, lube up the ends and make sure every thing is in excellent condition. Its not a bad idea to purchase a factory repair manual for reference to maintainance items, every thing is out lined in the manual. The money you spend now for the oil change pump and manual will still be less then what you will spend on one tune up at the dealer. If We can answer any other questions you have please feel free to contact us. Tom SBT tech.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X