Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carburetor XL800

hello,
    I have got a XL800 Yamaha. Please look at the picture. Is the fuel hose from the accelerator pump correct? I think it is not. Do the hose from the accelerator pump have to go to both carburetors?
    It is also a primer kit installed and premix system.

Thanks
    Jens from Germany
    Attached Files

Re: carburetor XL800

Pump only goes to one carb and yes the clear blue line is your primer kit. Tom SBT tech. every thing looks correct.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

@Tom thanks very much. I asked because I looked at the service manual and there is the hose from the accelerator pump and goes to both carburetors???
      I added picture. Pleas let me know what you are meaning. But I think you are right because of your lot of years as technican.
      thanks very much
      Attached Files

Comment

I do see the other nipple on your picture of the carbs, I dont know why yamaha runs the one accelerator pump for two carbs, Most other skis just use one pump on one carb. Try to tee back into the other accelerator pump feed line and connect to the nipple on the other carb. If you have a bogging issue when you accelerator then disconnect it. Tom SBT tech.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Looked at my buddies ski after seeing this, his pump feeds both carbs..

Also, on 951's it's the same.. The accelerator pump feeds BOTH carbs. This is to reduce fuel consumption and emissions by having the ski run perfect a idle, but lean at a throttle grab. That's why the accel pump was created, to get rid or that low end lean spot.
          Dan Solie -
          04 RXP (the "Instigator")
          94 xp (freestyle mods)
          95 xp (faster than the 94)
          JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
          X