1200XL Waverunner won't turn over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1200XL Waverunner won't turn over.

Hey guys. Nubee here! Got one for ya. Was out yesterday poking around with my wife just cruising 30-40mph for about 30 min and all was fine. I dropped her off to go play for no longer than 5 min and had to get towed back. During those five minutes, I was doing some pretty heavy wave jumping but was one my way back in when it happened. All of the sudden, it just shut off. I immediately hit the starter and it it fired and ran for about 3 seconds and then shut off again. After that I got nothing. No whine from the starter, no turning over, not alarms, nothing. Pulled it home and let if cool off and the same thing. The only thing it does now is flash "START" on the display when you hit the start button. I checked the battery, fuses, plugs behind display panel. I tried the unplug the blue connector and plug it back it. Still nothing. It just sits completley dead. Any clues? By the way, I put a new motor in from SBT last summer, it seems to be awesome. I don't think my problem is mechanical. Thanks

So today, I pulled all the exhaust off of it so I could see what I was doing. I was able to turn the crank by hand, after removing the spark plugs. I also took some jumper cables and went straight to the hot terminal on the starter. That turned the starter over fine. Still nothing from the switch, though. Please help!!!! I really don't want to go into the electrical box blind so I'll appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

So I popped open the electrical box. I didn't see anything burnt, wet, bad, etc. I tried jumping the starter solenoid by just taking the brown wire to the hot terminal. I got a little spark from the contact, but the solenoid did not trip/engage. I assume this means it's a bad starter solenoid. Am I doing this right? Also, second problem. If this is the problem all along, than why did the ski shut down in the first place?

Daniel

Re: 1200XL Waverunner won't turn over.

It could be two things.

1) Your stater solenoid. To properly test it, use a screwdriver and jump the posts. The starter should engage. If it does, then the solenoid is a likely culprit.

2) It could be your start/stop switch. Take that apart and make sure all the connections are solid. You can also take a vaoltmeter to the input on the starter solenoid (not the power wire, but the input wire) and see if the curcuit changes when you hit the start button.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Tracked it down to the starter solenoid. Luckily, the shop in town had one in stock. $50!!!!! Oh well, that problem is fixed. But I still don't know what would have killed my ski in the first place. Could this have been the culpret? I thought the solenoid only did anything while turning the starter. thanks

Daniel

Comment

Anyone in the Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Houston, etc. area want to buy my ski? I have it advertised here:

http://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/boa/666791294.html

Daniel

Comment

Working...
        X