Rubber coupling replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber coupling replacement

I just replaced the rubber coupling on my exhaust of a 98 gp1200 the part that goes to the water box from the engine. I also added a pro-tec water filter. I also took off the muffeler to get out a clog which I believe I have gotten. My question is this. I ran it in my drive way for about 15 minutes with the hose on it. trying to feel the rubber coupling I just replaced to make sure it didn't melt again, I was able to keep my hand on it the whole time. How hot will that get be fore it will melt. I just don't want this to happen again. it was quit warm but not hot is this about right.

It'll never get very hot at idle - and do NOT idle it for more than 5 min on the hose.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

What about When I flush it out. The manual says 10-15 minutes? Should I do some thing different?

Comment

I know some manuals state that, but the pump bearings are lake water cooled, and can be damaged on most skis from doing so. 5 min is all it takes anyway to flush.

Comment

I took it out today and after about 30 min of WOT I took it back to shore to try and see if everthing was working right. After I put the strainer on I thought the the front pilot had less water coming then normal. I felt the heads and the exhaust and they felt hotter than usual. Is this all in my head? Nothing was to hot I couldn't touch it. and the front pilot water was pretty hot. Am I just Parinoid or is this right.

Comment

Sounds fine to me. The bypass water shouldbe very warm.

Comment

Working...
            X