XLT 800 Cavatating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XLT 800 Cavatating

Having a issue with my XLT 800. this year I put a new impeller on it and it worked great for 40 hours but now right before the jet ski plains out it feels like the impeller loses traction and the engine just sits at 7000rpm. impeller housing to impeller is with in limits. Seems like the water is going some where else.... Any help would be great thanks...

Re: XLT 800 Cavatating

Is the shaft OK? Did you check to see if it is stripped at the splined section going to the impeller? Is it loose and sliding out off of the shaft? (just throwing ideas out for you, I am not too familiar with that problem)
    1997 Speedster (twin 720s)
    London, Ontario, Canada

Comment

No everything is in check. I'm far from an amature but this problem is stumping me. I noticed the felt by the intake grate is missing that the next thing i'm going to try

Comment

I just fixed that same problem with my 1200 xlt. It is the grate on the bottom of the craft. Riva Racing sells a pump kit for about 65.00 that will fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RMCI View Post
          I just fixed that same problem with my 1200 xlt. It is the grate on the bottom of the craft. Riva Racing sells a pump kit for about 65.00 that will fix the problem.

wow thats great thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
          X