2000 ls 2000 broke bracket and monunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 ls 2000 broke bracket and monunt

When i turn the engine on on my ls2000 no smoke is coming off in the back, but insted is staying inside the "trunk", and when it cooled down i checked it and the were pieces of metal in the bottom of the boat and oil, when i looked in the bottom the from upper bracket was broken/ The engine works fine, but i dont know if the block is broken or if the oil is cuz just an oil line ripped off. my question is wat coould have caused it and wat other expanations could be. The engine has been running fine, but in the weekend i let my frined use it and he said that he was "jumping" in the waves with the boat.

Re: 2000 ls 2000 broke bracket and monunt

Took the boat to shop and they found out that it was not the bracket but insted one of the conecting rods rings broke and the connectiong rod puched a hole in the block. now i need a new block... does somebody know how much would it be for the block, the pistons and the cranckshaft?

Comment

The dealer can give you a price on the new parts to fix your old engine or We can sell you a re-built engine, But if the case is shot there will be additional charges. Contact our sales team at 1877-330-0231 for a price on your type engine.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Are you working in a LS2000 Yamaha jet boat?
        ls2000 engine is easy to replace for $1300. You also need to rebuild the carbs (all 6 for both engines)$150 and replace all oil pump lines. This is because fuel, air to oil mixture is why you blew it up in the 1st place. Old parts wear out, especially rubber hoses. Save the money for a down payment on a new boat, your going to be spending the same amout monthly to maintain the yamaha. The steering and transmision linkage will be the next to go. That's going to run you around $400. By the way, dont seal your gaskets until you tune the carbs. You might have to disassemble the whole thing 3 to 4 times before you get it right. Good luck
        Last edited by bindian; 05-11-2009, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X