Bypass kill switch for electrical troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bypass kill switch for electrical troubleshooting

I have a 96 (maybe 98) Waverunner 1200XL that was running great right up to putting it away for the winter and trailering it 90 miles. Went to start it this year and there is no electrical power. Good battery (checked it in 2 other PWCs), clean battery connections, and the CDI/Coil fuse is normal. But the starter does not engage or make any noises.

To rule out a faulty kill switch, I was going to bypas the switch but I do not have a wiring diagram. Anyone now which wires form the kill switch to cross to complete the circuit?

Thanks.

Re: Bypass kill switch for electrical troubleshooting

if it's a 98, did you set your lock code??
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

All Yamahas have a black and white wire this sends ground to ECM and will kill the spark.
      Brown and red wire provide positive electrical power to the start relay, to turn engine over.

Comment

Thanks Torquenut. Bypass the kill switch helps me begin to search for the cause of the problem.

I must claim ignorance regarding the lock code. What is it and how do you reset it? I double checked and it is a 1998. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Well, if yours had it, you would have probably used it by now..

On the gauge cluster, there is 3 buttons (A,B,C).. You push mode and then your combo... Unlocks the ski..

Does your ski have that?
          Dan Solie -
          04 RXP (the "Instigator")
          94 xp (freestyle mods)
          95 xp (faster than the 94)
          JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Working...
          X