02 GP800 no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 GP800 no spark

i have checked the stator and the ignition coil and the pickup coil and all show to be fine. the only thing i have not checked is the CDI. it was running fine then all of a sudden the motor just quit running. no sputtering no jerking it just shut completely down. is there something else that might be causing this?

Re: 02 GP800 no spark

You need to trouble shoot, I am going to assume that the engine turns over.
    Open front cover and under bucket find the electrical connectors/ wires Disconnect the connector that has the white and black wire. This is you kill ground to CDI. OK hit start switch if it turns over but still no spark on both plugs most likely it is the CDI. So get manual and check CDI with OHM meter.
    OK if you are stating that the engine will not turn over than you need to break it down. Engine it seized? Turn engine over by hand, if it doesn’t than remove four mount bolts 12MM and slide engine fwrd until PTO is free from pump PTO. Try turning engine again. If engine turns check pump. If pump doesn’t remove pump and check wear ring.
    Hope this helps but you did not communicate what you have done up to this point. Currently I am at sea so if you need to contact me email at William.abril@bataan.usmc.mil

Comment

Working...
    X