96 waveraider 700 speed / pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 waveraider 700 speed / pump question

my wife has A 96 WR 700 I noticed that when accellerating it seems to rev up a little especially after hitting a wave, but once you get it moving it does ok. also this ski is in great shape,low hrs, well maintained but my 700 polaris will smoke it.Im wondering if it needs pump seals or an impeller or what??? thanks for any help...

Re: 96 waveraider 700 speed / pump question

Take a look at the pump in general, look up thru the intake at the impeller and the wear ring, you may find stuff rapped around the shaft and that will make it cavatate or slip,,..:) the impeller should smooth and look good,,,:)

Comment

if I replace the impeller and wear ring on my skis should I also replace the propeller ? and is this something I can do without special tools ... Ive been turning wrenches for A long time on boats and cars but not much on the skis (yet) I think I need to learn though...thanks...

Comment

Jet skis have a impeller not a propeller, it is in the pump at the rear of the ski, and the wear ring goes around the impeller, it is pressed into the pump housing. Look at it first and see what's going on, look thru THE GRATE, if it looks bad, i'm sure it is. Four nuts take it off and a steering cable, no problem, if you have a friend that has taken them apart it would be good to have him help. They are very easy but can be a little trickey. It takes a special tool to remove the impeller from the shaft, I reccomend you get some help on the first one, the wear ring has to be cut out with a cut off wheel and collapsed to get it out of the housing.,,,,tg :)

Comment

Working...
        X