95 Yamaha 1100 bogs down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Yamaha 1100 bogs down

We’ve had this machine for about 6yrs and never have a problem. Currently has 160hrs. We took it out and ran it for the first day of the season just fine. The next time we went out we rode for about 15 min and it died.
    It would just barely run with the starter turning it over and sometimes idled for a just a bit before dying. When we checked the plugs we had spark but they seemed rather wet. I never did notice if we had any temp warnings. We had 90,95, and 105 when we did the comp test. I noticed a water line at the back of the exhaust manifold were it looks like the cooling water flows out from the manifold and then back in was totally plugged with sand. Anybody know what this line would be for? We pulled the head and the cylinders look pretty good. The guy helping me feels we should put new rings and pistons in while we have it apart. I'm trying to decide with that or a remanufactured eng or could it be something else. How many hours should this engine last?
    Thanks for your advice

Re: 95 Yamaha 1100 bogs down

Your compression is low, but you should inspect your carbs, carbs should be cleaned and sometimes they will need to be re-built after a few seasons. The correct fuel delivery from your carbs to your engine is extremely important to keep the engine running strong. If your carbs are dirty and plugged up you will starve the engine and loose compression.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X