Gp1200 Jet Pump Maintenance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gp1200 Jet Pump Maintenance?

Hello all! I am hoping one of you can help me with this...should be simple.

I just got a GP1200 (1998) and I was wondering what maintenance I need to do to the jet pump? On my old Sea-doo you would remove the impeller cover (cone shaped) drain the oil and then fill it back up with gear oil.

I was looking at my GP1200 there is no fill hole on the cover. Also the owners manual and service manual didn't mention anything about oil, only greasing some fittings... is that all it takes?

Also, another quick question. I wanted to remove the oil injection and premix. I was going to fab up my own adapter plate (excuse to use my new drill press :D) but when I took the oil pump off I noticed that there is an adapter on the drive shaft. Just to clarify the driveshaft on the pump has a flat head like a screwdriver, then there is a short 20mm adapter that engages the engine's crankshaft. All I did was remove the little adapter so it doesn't engage the crankshaft, will this work or will I mess something up?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Berto; 08-11-2009, 08:58 PM.

Re: Gp1200 Jet Pump Maintenance?

What you did will work, make sure you plug off the 3 small nipples for the oil lines on the engine. There is only grease in the jet pump, its not like the sea-doo
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Gp1200 Jet Pump Maintenance?

ok, thanks for your help.

Do I have to use the yamaha marine grease? I currently have a green synthetic marine grease in my grease gun.

Also, on my seadoo when I removed the injection pump I had to leave a line hooked up for the 'center bath', I didn't see a line that would do this function on the yamaha does it not need this?

Thanks! (thats it for questions from me, promise!)
      Last edited by Berto; 08-12-2009, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X