Water in one cylinder 2007 yamaha fxho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in one cylinder 2007 yamaha fxho

I have a 07 yamaha fxho with a total of 22 hours on it. The last time when I used it, the engine was running very rough at low rpm until it warmed up than it ran perfect. The following week I installed a set of new sparkplugs and one of the plug had water on it. The jetskii was never rolled, left out in the rain or abused in any way. I called yamaha customer support and basically was told that because I had it for over one year I was on my own. Is there any way water could enter one cylinder others than thru a blown head gasket or cracked head? Is it possible water could get in thru the fuel injector body?Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Water in one cylinder 2007 yamaha fxho

Water can enter the engine when you flush it. The engine always needs to be running before turning the water on to flush it, not saying this is what happened but it is one way to get water into the engine.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the info, but I always turn on the water soon after the engine starts and turn off the water before turning the engine off. Do you think it's possible for the water in the exhaust manifold to enter the cylinder once the waverunner in put on the trailer. I'm thinking that the engine stopped in the same crank angle with the exhaust valve in the open position and water could get in while being on the trailer over some bumpy road.

Comment

Your assumption on the water getting in after the ski in the trailer, is possibly the cause. Water remains in the exhaust system even after you clear the engine after shutting down the water . One way to avoid this is to pick up the trailer by tongue and watch the water come out until it stops after that is done restart the engine and gun it a couple of times. Hope that solves your problem. I don't think your cylinder gasket is the problem unless you seriously overheated the engine.:)

Comment

For me I had water in the cly from a warped head. I would check your head and the head gasket. This is true if at anytime you ran it hard while it was hot.

Comment

Working...
          X