Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96 Wave Raider 1100 Crank Case Drain Plug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Wave Raider 1100 Crank Case Drain Plug?

Two weeks ago I almost sank my ski. The motor was completely submerged in water. I drained the water out of the hull. I have taken the plugs out a have gotten as mush water as I can out of the heads. Now I am trying to check and drain the crank case to make sure it is all out. I was told there is a plug on the left side of the motor? Maybe a plug with a Allan head or maybe just a small bolt? I was told to use a mirror to help find it? So far I have found nothing. Is there really a plug? Is it on the left? Is it a Allan or just a bolt? Is it towards the front in the middle or back of the motor? Also I have read on some other threads of people flipping the skies over to drain the remaining water out that way is this the better easier way? Once I have actually gotten all the water out any other suggestions? I have put a little oil in the heads to lubricate the motor and try to not cause and rust and I have some new plugs to put in when ready. Please Help Thanks

Re: 96 Wave Raider 1100 Crank Case Drain Plug?

No case drain on yamahas.
    The best bet is to remove carbs and intake so that water does not damage reeds when you turn engine over.
    Yes putting ski on side while turning engine will help get water out, once it seems like all the water is out run it for a good hour or longer to get engine dry.
    Good luck.

Comment

Re: 96 Wave Raider 1100 Crank Case Drain Plug?

If you have waited two weeks to do this it may be too late, water does its damage to bare steel, such as crankshaft, cylinder walls and bearings, quickly if not dried out.

Comment

Working...
      X