primer kit installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• primer kit installation

I recieved the triple carb primer kit and proceeded to do the install. How are the brass fittings supposed to stay in place. I figured I would be pressing these in the choke shaft holes, but they cannot be pressed in. The nylon shaft bushing will hold them, but probably not for long when they are subjected to vibrations. If an epoxy is needed, why wouldnt it come with the kit?
    Im installing these on a 2000 1200pv xl limited.

Re: primer kit installation

Epoxy doesn't come with any manufactures kit. Most watercraft repair shops will use a small amount of JB weld to ensure a permanent fit. Depending on how old and how much wear the carbs have seen will determine how snug the brass fittings will fit, that’s why in some cases shops will use the epoxy.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

In my opinion, the best thing to do when installing a primer kit, is to also remove the oil injection system at the same time and go to premix. When you remove the 3 oil injection lines from the carbs, you can use those nipples on the carbs for the installation of your primer lines. Makes things so simple.

And then you don't have to pray everytime you go riding, hoping that your oil injection doesn't fail and destroy your motor. With premix, you are in control and can be sure the motor is getting the lubrication it needs.
      Just tryin' to help out.

I ride: XL800, XL1200 Ltd, FX140

Comment

Too late for that. The oil line already came off the rear carb and burned up the 3rd piston/cylinder. My buddy just bought the ski for next to nothing with the plans to install a complete premium engine, rebuild carbs, eliminate oil injection, and install primer kit. I personally have never installed a primer kit, so I wasnt sure exactly what steps to take. I never thought about using the oil inection ports for the primer setup, Ill have to check that out.

Comment

Working...
        X