98 GP800 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 GP800 problem

Hey guys, I have a 98' GP800W and it just started acting up. When I put it in the water, it starts easily everytime and starts out running great. After about an hour and a half of riding (not constant, starting and stopping) it begins to lose power. Starts out fluctuating between 4000 and 6900 RPM's and after about 5 minutes it wont get over 4000 RPM's and cant get above 25 MPH. There just isnt a powerband. If I let it sit overnight, I can ride it again the next day like it never had a problem, then an hour and a half later it starts again.

Also, I got rid of the oil pump and premix my fuel so it isnt seizing up. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

Re: 98 GP800 problem

Sounds like the controller for your power valves is acting up, look to see if the power valves are working when you start having issues.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I am new to the 2 stroke world, how can i tell if they are working or not when this happens?

Comment

I put it in the water today. Did not even run right at first, no power at all. I pulled it out of the water and looked at the PV cables, very loose. I took them off to see if the wheel turned easily without them. Turned back and forth nicely. I tightened the cables and started it. Revs up nicely to 8000 RPM on land, but the PV wheel doesnt turn one bit, stays stationary. Is this a bad controller?

Comment

Working...
        X