Yamaha XLT 1200 Electrical Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha XLT 1200 Electrical Problems

I recently bought a 2004 Yamaha XLT 1200 with a siezed engine as a project. Now that i've come near to the end of this project (engine completely rebuilt) I put in a battery from my other working waverunner and pressed the start button for a test. Nothing! At all! Figured this could have something to do with the electrical box as the craft has been neglected for quite some time, however i do not want to spend alot of money on a new box. Are there any tests that can be done to single out the problem?

Re: Yamaha XLT 1200 Electrical Problems

Check all ground 1st.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Open hood, take out plastic container, look aft toward gage, find single blue wire connector, disconnect it, gauge center LED should be on, select lock code and reset new lock code, make it simple as AAAA reconnect single blue connector, make sure that gauge is not locked if it is unlock it, with new code, hit start drive and smile as engine turns over.

Comment

does nothing no guages nothing or just dosnt enguage starter nothing

quick tests you can do

1 there is a glass fuse in the in the elec box mounted behind the motor open the round cap and in there u should find a red wire in a black connector the connector holds the fuse
        2 jump a GROUND batt - to motor to make sure you got a good ground
        3 make sure the leads that come from the stator cover are connected and recheck that connection make sure there isnt any green or rot in the terminals on those leads

all tree of these are common when people install motors.

start with that and let me know if it helps if you need more help if working on it today feel free to call my shop we have toll free number
        joe D Mst Motorsports www.mstmotorsports.com

Comment

I have same problem.
          I put in a good battery in my waverunner Yamaha XLT 1200 and pressed the start button for start the engine. Nothing! Only I can see in my cockpit a popup wit "start" . Are there any tests that can be done to single out the problem?

Comment

Trace wires, look for damage to them, only other way to check the electrical is to follow the manual in the electrical trouble shooting area.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X