96 Wave Venture 700. Just wont go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Wave Venture 700. Just wont go.

I am currently fixing this ski it's my third one. I was looking into some of the forums couldn't find anything so here is what i got. It only goes 20 mph and it should be doing 45-50ish. I broke the carbs down first thinking it was starving for fuel. They checked out just fine(rebuilt with new kit anyway) replaced the plugs. thought i heard some clanging in the drive and pulled it. Nothing there. everything checked out fine. so my next 2 guesses are the rev limiter being shorted out or the pop off pressure not being exactly right on the carbs. any help or suggestions would be great...

edit : Will run at 20mph on a whole tank of gas just fine.
    Thanks,

Kellis
    Last edited by kellis; 07-21-2010, 06:31 PM.

Re: 96 Wave Venture 700. Just wont go.

Update: Rebuilt the Carbs yet again. Checked reed's and i can rule out that it's not the carbs, drive, or fuel issue. I feel like it could be the rev limiter is there any way of bypassing it?

any help or tips would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Comment

If it was starving for fuel it would start to run like crap near the 20 mph limit. Are the carbs opening up all the way? What about on land. Any trouble revving it up?

any way of draining the bottom of the case. I've see other 2 strokes with their case full of oil or fuel and turning the crank shaft is like running in quick sand.

It is probably not electrical or it wouldn't run good at any RPM.

got compresion?

Comment

compression is 130 on both. I've got good power on land cleaned some debri from the exhaust hose. going to test it and see if it will go over 20 again today. don't know where the drain is on the crank case. I'd probably have to tear all the way down in order to check the seals and or drain anything. It hits the rev limiter just fine out of the water, but as soon as it gets in the water it rev's like it's trying to shift out of 1st gear. (sounds funny i know) don't think this is the right speed it needs to be out sounding like that.

Comment

still not going over 25mph if anyone could please help i would greatly appreciate it. I don't know what's wrong with it and it's getting quite frustrating. If it's the rev limiter then how do i replace it? Is there a way to bypass it?

Comment

Working...
          X