98 gp800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 gp800

i have a 98 gp800 that i am trying to change the impeller due to the edges are messed up. my ski porpuses alot will this help. my other problem is that the 2 back ride plate bolts only turn and will not come out. the piecse the bolts screw into are turning also what is needed to be done to get these bolts out. thanks

Re: 98 gp800

Try to get to the inserts that the bolts screw into from inside the hull, you will have to remove a few parts to get to them. The ski proposing is not from a worn impeller, to help eliminate the proposing you could try an aftermarket ride plate, one that is longer than the stock one.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support View Post
      Try to get to the inserts that the bolts screw into from inside the hull, you will have to remove a few parts to get to them. The ski proposing is not from a worn impeller, to help eliminate the proposing you could try an aftermarket ride plate, one that is longer than the stock one.
      i was checking my ski and realized that i have a speed tech ride plate and an r&d inlet plate, still not sure what would be causing my ski to porpoise also it feels like the impeller is cavitating when taking off then it catches up. does any body have any thoughts on this thanks for everyones input

Comment

You need a pump seal kit, it will reseal the ride plate and the back side of the intake grate, Watercraft superstore sells the Riva Racing seal kit and it works great, its an easy fix.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X