FX Cruiser Cavitation Problem ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX Cruiser Cavitation Problem ??

Ok so I am back in the Waverunner saddle. I recently bought a 2007 FX Cruiser with only 17 hours on it. Finally yesterday I got the chance to take it out. Very very impressive, quiet and smooth except when taking off at mid throttle. If I am at a dead stop and nail it, it was sort of cavitate for a second but jump right up to WOT with no problem. But if I start off at mid throttle you can feel a slight vibration or cavitation at around 5K rpm's

Again it takes off what I would think really good. But if I try doing figure eights with the steering all the way turned either to the left or right and really get into it, it seems to loose grip.

I am trying to upload a video on youtube now which you can hear it in the background. Now the other thing is this ski sat outside cover most of its life. Look at the inside of the pump and tell me would this surface corrosion cause this ?
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Chad C
    Mauldin, SC
    2007 FX Cruiser

Re: FX Cruiser Cavitation Problem ??

Many yamahas have issues with the way the ride plate and intake grate seal to the hull, Riva racing makes a kit that seals these parts to the hull much better than the o.e. seals to the hull, before you drive your self crazy looking for pump issues get the riva pump seal kit and see how if works. 95% positive this is your issue.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Here is the link for the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrIiuaFIVsc

:18 to :21 you can hear it

Also one last quick question, My Dream Meter. Yeah. Well the digital part shows 75 to 80 at WOT. When switched to the analog guage, It reads correctly but the digital part is still way off. Any ideas what could be the problem ?

Thanks for the response on the seal kit. Ordering it right now.
      sigpic
      Chad C
      Mauldin, SC
      2007 FX Cruiser

Comment

I Don't have an answer for you on the crazy speedo reading
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ugg Yo know it might just have helped if I would have checked MPH / KPH. That makes a difference. Thanks. Now just waiting for my Riva Pump Seal Kit.
          sigpic
          Chad C
          Mauldin, SC
          2007 FX Cruiser

Comment

Working...
          X