New Waverunner III Top End Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Waverunner III Top End Problem

OK... So I have rebuilt the carb and put a completely new top end. Cylinders and pistons and rings. I went with the .050 bore and have got it all back together. I took it out today and tried to test the unit and I am still having the same problem I had before I replaced the top-end. It has no power and it seems to be starving for fuel. Should I have changed out the main jets to larger jet since I went to a oversize piston? Please and advise that might help me identify the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Re: New Waverunner III Top End Problem

Check the reeds valves. I bought a used waverunner with a gummed up carb. Cleaned carb and thought I was done. Ran the ski and it seized up, no power. I thought it was because the prior owner tried to start it for days by putting pure fuel into the carb. I never saw it running before I bought it. Rebuilt top end. Ran it again. It seized. Took it apart again, a reed valve was stuck open with gummed fuel. So, check your reed valve before you have to rebuild it three times like I did.

Good luck.

Comment

Replace any old fuel lines and inspect the on/off valve and water separator. Did you clean the internal filters in the carb?
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Where do I find the water separator? and I have rebuilt the carb was the internal filter part of the rebuild kit?

Comment

You should have a inline filter/separator between the fuel tank and the carb. You may also have an air leak in the crank case that had caused the leaning out that damaged the engine in the beginning.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X