Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Rebuild Runs 95% Great, Need Some Help Fine Tuning Carb ~ 95 WaveVenture 700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Rebuild Runs 95% Great, Need Some Help Fine Tuning Carb ~ 95 WaveVenture 700

Hi everyone. FINALLY Jet ski season. Time to ride.

So, late last season my 1995 Yamaha Wave Venture 700 lost compression in one cylinder. A rip down revealed that part of the piston and rings had melted and scored up the cylinder. I took the cylinder portion of the engine in and had it bored .030" over and I ordered some matching slugs from SBT along with a gasket kit. I got a chance to put the engine together last week and take it out for break in and some fun. It ran like a champ the whole time, im proud of her. My only complaint is that most of the time there is a good amount of bogging from a very low RPM, it needs to be worked up slowly then it takes off like a raped ape. once its off idle a bit you can punch it and it goes great. I dont really want to raise idle sine it would have to be fairly high to overcome the bogging. One other thing I noticed is it seems to have a VERY touchy throttle once it takes off from the bogg, You can move the throttle just a tiny bit and it makes a big difference in RPM. From 1/4 to 1/2 throttle is about the only time RPM changes (Tho you can hear and feel when its full throttle compared to half, but it really does not seem to rev faster). Im thinking these are retailed and it just need a little less (or more) fuel on one of the adjustments. Normally I would dive in and adjust it but I spent a good amount of time getting it tuned in close last year and I dont want to mess that up. So Im looking for some advise on what it could be or what adjustment could be needed? Thanks

Re: Fresh Rebuild Runs 95% Great, Need Some Help Fine Tuning Carb ~ 95 WaveVenture 70

It sounds like your off on the pop-off pressure, what do you have it set at?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Fresh Rebuild Runs 95% Great, Need Some Help Fine Tuning Carb ~ 95 WaveVenture 70

That I have not adjusted. And I do not have the tool to check. Is that something I can adjust and see if it helps? I read the tech article on pop off pressure (its a new concept to me) I see the crabs have to be removed and disassembled to test the pop off pressure. If I can adjust it to see if it helps do you recommend I raise or lower it? Thanks so much for the help

Comment

Read up on it and invest in a gauge, I think this is the issue with the ski.

Comment

Pop-off should be between 35-45 to clean up the bottom end bogg

Comment

Working...
          X