Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 SUV Primer

Holy Cows, Turned into big job.

SBT you should do a video of this. Choke plate screws frozen, Heads sheared off. Choke plate shafts bent. Broke out grinder and ended up grinding choke plate shafts not exactly in half because if I did that they would not come out of holes due to clearance with head. (Did not want to pull carbs like directions day too) P.S. plug carbs with rags and vacuum out when done. Anyways shafts bent when trying to remove screws so I was committed to do something anyway. turned out great. didn't have to remove carb manifold and the primer works great. Hooked it up to the on fuel line pumped it 3 times and started up like brand new. I bought SBT's primer kit and will give it a high recommend but be ready for a major job that will need a lot of tools. SUV RULES!!!

Re: 2003 SUV Primer

Thats a dangerious way to do it, you dont want to drop any metal shavings into the motor. Next time if you grind the backside of the screws down 1st it will unscrew, the screws are peened over so they dont work their way out and fall into the motor. Glad everthing worked out.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X