Question about carb rebuild and high/low adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about carb rebuild and high/low adjustment

Just rebuilt the carbs (well one of the two) and I couldn't get the high and low speed adjustment screws to loosen up. The instructions that came with the mikuni rebuild kit said to take them out. Since they were not coming out I left them alone for fear of tearing them up and just went on with the rest of the steps for thr rebuild. Not removing those didn't hinder me with the rest of the rebuild. Was it ok to just leave them alone? If I wanted to remove them what is the best way to remove if they stuck?

The carbs are really nasty on the outside but looked good on the inside? After taking the carbs apart would it be ok to soak the carbs in something to try to get the gunk off the outside?

Also, if you have twin carbs, is the high speed adjustment screw on one carb and the low speed adjustment on the other?

Re: Question about carb rebuild and high/low adjustment

If the carbs are in that bad of condition then replace them. Your carbs are the most important part of making the engine run properly, if they cant flow the correct amount of fuel to the engine the engine will detonate and become damaged.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Any suggestions on best place to buy carbs or have then restored? How do I tell what size mine are? Think there 38mm. Its a 97 Yamaha wave venture 760

Comment

Call Mitchell at M&M marine, he is listed in our salvage yard area at the bottom of our home page. Tell him the tech guys at SBT sent you.

Comment

How do I know what size my carbs are?

Comment

Tell Him what ski they are from.

Comment

Working...
            X