Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with 1999 exciter 270

Here is what I got...

Had carbs rebuilt a couple months ago. Has about 4 hours since carb rebuild. After rebuild noticed lost of power on top end (40mph after about 50-55 before) and take off power was not as powerful. Ran smooth and no skipping just not as powerful. Ordered the replacement oil lines and going to attempt this weekend. Decided to do a compression check, which I should have done a long time ago. Anyway here is what I got:

Port side
    Front cylinder 115 psi
    Middle 100psi
    Back 100 psi

Starboard side
    Front cylinder 115 psi
    Middle 110 psi
    Back 113 psi

Ive attached pics of a few of the sparkplugs. If you'll notice the one plug is snow white that shows no signs of oil or fuel going threw. What does these plugs suggest and what to about compression reading?

I noticed a pool of oil in the bottom of boat. Looked like pure oil. About a quart. I know the oil wasn't there the before the last outing. Doesn't seem the pool of oil is getting any bigger from what I can tell. There's plentyof oil still in tank. Not excatly sure where thats coming from yet.

Suggestions:
    Mark sure there's spark on cylinders.

Verdict:
    I did a check and they do all have spark on.

Suggestion:
    Pull off flame arrestors and turn engines on and rev up to see if fuel if flowing threw the carbs.

Verdict:
    On port side I see fuel flowing threw the back carb (which is the one with the snow white plug) but don't see fuel flowing threw the other 2.
    On starboard side I see fuel flowing threw the middle carb but not the other 2.

What to do now?
    Attached Files

Re: need help with 1999 exciter 270

The cylinder with the clean plug is barely firing and the other plugs look like they are fouling, If thoses are all new spark plugs then these carbs are not set up correctly and you need to go back through them.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

1)You think the carbs need adjusting or its a blockage?

2) When I removed the flame arrestor and observed the fuel going threw the carbs, there should be fuel going threw all of them and not just one right?

Comment

I would take the carbs back apart and clean them out with compressed air and carb cleaner. Yes fuel should be present in each carb.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X