Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SUV Wear Ring Housing

Hey Everyone,

I just got a new wear ring housing for my SUV yesterday and noticed that the liner is fairly loose in the housing and removes easily. These are supposed to have a slight pressed fit, right? The last one I bought for my other SUV was tight.

Thanks!

Joe

Re: New SUV Wear Ring Housing

It should fit snug or it may spin. If it spins in the housing by hand then contact our warrantee dept.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks... I called this morning and talked to someone and he said that it was normal for it to not fit tight and to use silicone to hold it in. It didn't sound right because if I pick up the housing the liner will fall out if I don't hold it in - definitely not a press fit and will spin in the housing. I'll call the warranty dept...

Joe

Comment

We will advise to put a sliglt bead of silicone around the areas of the housing at the contact points where all the other parts bolt together but silicone should not be used to keep the ring from spinning, in this case it sounds like the ring is defective and we will be happy to replace it.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks, It's on it's way back I dropped it off at FedEx yesterday afternoon - you should have it on Friday.

Joe

Comment

Working...
          X