Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oil seal/bushing replacement/removal help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil seal/bushing replacement/removal help?

Have a pair of 96 wave venture 700's. Had to do a lot of work on one that was poorly maintained by previous owner. This season its down to the pump. I've currently got the shaft out right now and will be replacing the wear ring, but while i'm here I also wanted to replace the oil seal and bushing. Looking at the diagram, it looks like there is the spacer, then two oil seals, then the bushing. Could someone please give me some helpful information on how to remove these items? I've removed the spacer and can clearly see that the first seal needs to be replaced. Just don't know how to get them out, and I don't like to pry on aluminium.

On a side note to all this, there is quite a bit of marine grease in the shaft housing. Could someone let me know about how much grease is supposed to be in there for re-assembly?

Thanks in advance to any help given!

Re: oil seal/bushing replacement/removal help?

Purchase a seal removal tool from a local auto parts store it will make things much easier. Put as much grease in the housing as you can when re-assembling the unit.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the response tech support. Can you tell me which direction I should be pushing or pulling? Does it matter? Should I be pushing from the end of the housing where the impeller is or the end that is closest to the coupler/motor?

Comment

After the impeller is removed the drive shaft comes out through the back of the pump, the side that the nose cone is at. Clean all the grease out of the housing and you will see how the bearings are pressed in.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X