Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 waveraider triple wont start??

Hi all,

New to the forum and jet skis, so go easy on me guys!

Bought a waveraider about 3 months ago and after approx. 15 hours of taking it easy and geting use to skis it decided to spit a rod out the side of the block.

Any way after finding a new engine case and a full engine and carb rebuild from someone that came recommended to us she was once again back on the water, with a few minor tweaks of the carbs she ran great again.

We were near completion of bedding in the new engine last sunday, decided to have some lunch and let the ski rest, but upon our return she would not fire into life what so ever!!!

Starter can be heard spinning but was told by several people on the water that the bendix was not engaging the flywheel to crank the engine.

My question is with the starter spinning is there anything else that it could be other that a bad bendix?

Just spent a small fortune getting a complete rebuild and want to know a cost before i get the work done.

Any input, suggestions or help as to what to check to rule out would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys
    Last edited by mini-si; 05-11-2012, 03:45 AM.

Re: 96 waveraider triple wont start??

hi all, found out why my raider wasnt starting.

The guy who rebuilt my engine had only put one bolt on the starter motor housing, so the starter had worked its self loose and came away from its locating hole.
    Needless to say the splines on the starter were damaged, replaced starter for new she now runs almost great, just need to adjust carbs as she struggles a tad low down.

Comment

Re: 96 waveraider triple wont start??

Sounds good
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X