2001 xl800 can't get gas to caarbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 xl800 can't get gas to caarbs

I purchased a 2001 xl800 that didn't run. I spary starter fluid in carbs and it will run.
    I purchased rebuild kit and rebuilt the two carbs. mBoth carbs the filter were clogged and the carbs were gummed up.
    I installed the carbs and I have the same problem. I blow in the lines and I can blow thru the lines. I removed the lines from the carbs and sucked gas from the vtank to the line.
    I can not get the gas to pump thru the carbs.
    I know the lines are correctly on the carbs.
    What is wrong?

Re: 2001 xl800 can't get gas to caarbs

Pulse line is in good shape and tight? you can try to run a fuel line direct from the tank to the carbs.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I took the carbs apart and the plastic circles for the check valves fell off. I am having a hard time trying to check the popoff pressure I cannot hold the hose tight enough on the carb to build the pressure. Where can I get the fitting to go into the gas filter hole.
      Does SBT have a more detailed rebuild detail than what comes with the rebuild kit.

Comment

google mikuni carb manual pdf this will give you all the info you should need, you can down load the manual for free, great info to keep on your desk top. Not sure if you will find the fuel adapter fitting without getting a true mikuni pop-off tester most people just go through the fuel inlet nipple.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X