can you help me ID this part ? picture added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you help me ID this part ? picture added

I have a 2003 fx140 with 250 hours. The last 5 hours it hasn't been accelerating like it used to, and then I found a leak in this rubber joint on the exhaust and pried the crack open a little bit to inspect it. Now it only goes 30mph, I think backpressure might be escaping from the leak? A small amount of water shoots out when reving the engine if that means anything. Anyway I wanted to see if some experienced eyes could help me ID this part so I can order it. The first pic is looking down from the back left corner of the main engine compartment. Thanks guys

edit: a little more background info might help. This is my first ski and I've owned it for 2 months. It worked like a champ at first, hitting its 54mph gps top speed. One day at the beach it wouldn't restart so I had to tow it back in. I took the spark plugs out and sure enough there was water in the cylinders, so I went through the procedure and got new plugs and replaced the oil which was milk chocolate color. It turns out there was a big crack on the bow that was letting a lot of water in the hull. It worked OK after fixing the issues but it was only hitting around 48mph and acceleration wasn't as good. That's when I saw the exhaust rubber crack in the picture and pried it open a little bit to look at it and it will only go 7k out of 10k rpm and only 30mph. I cant imagine that its a coincidence that the first time I took it out after making the exhaust crack worse it will only go 30mph, but im not sure.

Compression in all cylinders is right around ~182psi and all 4 spark plugs look the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jetski leaking part.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	256465
    Click image for larger version

Name:	jetski leaking part 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	425.3 KB
ID:	256466

I think it might be part # 31 on this list but i'm not sure?
    2003 FX140 CRUISER - FX1000AB Yamaha Waverunner EXHAUST 1 Diagram and Parts
    Last edited by cessnapilot; 07-17-2012, 03:32 PM.

Re: can you help me ID this part ? picture added

60E-14752-A0-00 its called a pipe outlet and is all 1 piece
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X