2000 gp1200r electrical problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 gp1200r electrical problems

I just done a complete rebuild on my engine , I have everything hooked up but the exhaust system. I put a battery in and hit the start button and the only thing that happens is warning light comes on and it reads hi temp. I can here the computer clicking after I took the backing off ignition box. I was wondering if the hi temp light is on because the exhaust wire is not connected. Any ideas

Re: 2000 gp1200r electrical problems

OK, I hooked up the exhaust wire and the now the hi temp light is off warning light still flashing but says fuel. I reset code still nothing. I checked the starter relay its reading .002 . I can jump solenoid and it turns over. Could it just be the solenoid?

Comment

Yes it could be the relay has gone bad.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Similar issue, I have actually replaced the starter, the solenoid-relay and the CDI. All I get is the temp and a the red light when I push to start. If I cross the relay with a screwdriver the starter engages beautifully. No response otherwise. Please help?

Comment

Ok, I put a new starter relay on and it fired up. If the temp light comes on I would also check the temp sensor on the exhaust pipe. Mine would not crank with the exhaust not connected (temp sensor) if that is bad the ski thinks the ski is over heated and will not start.

Comment

Glad you fixed it.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Mine is having the same issue. the 3 main connectors coming out the CDI(one being the d plate chip, one connected to the male counter part and the other just leftwith nothing plugged in) nothing seems to work. I have tried toubleshooting a few different things and nothing will get the tempsensor warning to turn off.

Comment

Working...
              X