wvt1100, premix, flame arrestor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wvt1100, premix, flame arrestor

I have just started the process of removing the engine from the hull and rebuilding the top end on my 1997 1100. I plan on installing a block off plate for the oil pump and premixing the gas and oil.
    My question is should I install adapters and flame arrestors or just keep the original flame arrestors and air box ? Budget is tight and the original performance was fine prior to the oil line to the #1 cylinder coming disconnected at the pump. If so , what is the advantage of the individual arrestors

Also, Is there any need to remove the carbs form the engine to remove the engine from the hull and rebuild the top end of the motor? If I need to remove carbs, can that be done after engine is out of the hull? I have removed the front top of the boat and will be taking the engine out from that opening, not through the seat opening.

Also, how much is shipping on a cylinder exchange?

Thanks in advance,

Re: wvt1100, premix, flame arrestor

Call in for prices, the tech department cant price shipping, remove and go through the carbs make sure everything looks good internally. The block off kit is a good idea and pre-mix 40:1 I would stay with the stock air box if you are on a budget but if your just doing a top end then also take the crank out and clean and inspect for damage to the bearings and rods, also install new crank seals into the case, if you skip these steps you may waste time and money to find that you fail the new top end due to damage and debris from the crank, just spinning it over and looking at it in the case will not tell you the condition of the crank.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks for the help
      More to come as work and time permit.

Comment

sounds good
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X