98 Yamaha exciter 135

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Yamaha exciter 135

Hi, I recently purchased a used 1998 Yamaha exciter 135 se. Has a single 1200 nonpv motor. I ordered a rebuilt sbt motor and I'm about to put it in the boat. I am in the process of rebuilding the carbs as recommended. I've only broken down carb #1 and have found a needle/seat that says 1.2 on the rim. I'm rebuilding everything to stock and I'm having trouble finding what size needle and seat originally came with this model, including jets and spring size. And pop off pressure?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am totally new to boating and have never owned a ski. The engine that was in the boat ran for two days " out of the water with water hose hooked to it ". I started the boat at idle with lots of priming then walked over and turned the water on. When I got back to the boat I reved it up to have idle for a minute and the motor locked up breaking the rod from the piston and damaging the cases. Compression on the cylinders before I ran it was about 90 psi for all three. Plug one was black and plugs 2 and 3 were brown and wet with oil/gas mixture right before and after engine failure. I figured the engine needed rebuild but with the new one from sbt, I would like to get the carbs to stock! I have mikuni carb kits. But have no idea how to synce them. I've seen someone do it with Gatorade bottles online? Lol

Re: 98 Yamaha exciter 135

The gas is pre mix now also. I used the correct ratio. Oil pump and tank are removed and engine has sbt block off plate

Comment

Working...
    X