2001 Yamaha GP800AZ Air Intake Silencer Compartments Filled with Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Yamaha GP800AZ Air Intake Silencer Compartments Filled with Oil

After taking my 2001 Yamaha GP800AZ out from winter storage it started to bogg down when pressing the throttle. I removed the air intake silencer and the problem seem to go away. I found a fair amount of oil in the two side compartments of the air intake silencer and I'm concerned on how the oil got into these compartments. One note is the air intake silencer cover is not sealing completely due to the mounting tabs are cracked. Someone mentioned to me that the crankcase pressure relief may be clogged forcing oil into the piston chambers. How is the crankcase pressure relieved for this waverunner?

Re: 2001 Yamaha GP800AZ Air Intake Silencer Compartments Filled with Oil

I have a 04 yamaha xlt 800 with oil in the intake as well. From a parts diagram these engines look similar if not identical. On mine the oil is only seeming to accumulate in one side of the intake. Also have oil on the top of the rear carb and looks like some splashed on the exhaust bellows just above it. I am thinking one of my fuel hoses is leaking(I run premix). Is it possible you also have an external leak and the oil is just being sucked into the intake? I would not think that crankcase pressure can escape back through the carbs unless your reed valves were bad. That explanation someone gave you sounds like for a 4 cycle engine with a crankcase breather and putting more oil in the chamber would just make it burn more oil. If you still have the oil pump on yours, I would inspect all of those hoses.

Comment

Re: 2001 Yamaha GP800AZ Air Intake Silencer Compartments Filled with Oil

As far as relieving crankcase pressure, the intake basically feeds into the crank case. So air, fuel and oil enter and are drawn into the combustion chamber as need and the oil mist soaks all the moving parts. No need for a relief.

Comment

Working...
      X