newb questions, sorry lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newb questions, sorry lol

okay so been doin alot of reading and just trying to rap my head around some of what im reading.

griddled head what is it and what dose it do ? if i were to get a ada griddled head with domes wound i have to machine anyhting or bolt on and done ?

big hub and small hub props ? what are there refering to and wich ones better for what ?

long block short block ? whats the differences.

these questions are based around a yamaha superjet because thats what im looking at doing mods to. thanks for any help

Re: newb questions, sorry lol

First, be aware that SBT is not a High Performance Engine builder, but we are aware of what items are used in High performance engines.

In stock form Yamaha uses bolts for cylinder head and cylinder base attachment. In some ultra high performance applications they use "girdled heads" this is a high performance cylinder head and cylinders that are attached to the crankcase with high strength studs and nuts. The reason for doing this is because of the high compression used in high performance engines.
    Check Blowsion.com for examples of girdled heads.
    I would not bolt on girdled head without first increasing the strength of the crankshaft, unless it is just for "looks".

Impellers - the center portion of the impeller is the hub.
    This is an over simplification, but small hub helps high speed, big hub helps acceleration.
    So, a lot depends on are you wanting to race, or ride freestyle.

Long Block and Short block definitions are becoming mixed.
    In a two stroke engine a short block would be crankshaft, crankcase, cylinders, and cylinder head.
    In a four stroke engine a short block would be crankshaft, crankcase, cylinders, but NO cylinder head.
    Two stroke engines don't have long blocks.
    Four stroke engines have the cylinder heads added to a short block.

Comment

Re: newb questions, sorry lol

Thank you for the reply man

Comment

Working...
      X