96 GTI Buzzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 GTI Buzzer

Today the warning buzzer started sonding formthe first time i started the ski. Constant steady buzz. I felt the cylinder head with my fingers and it was very cool. I disconnected the wire to the head sensor and the noise stopped. I ran the ski checking it for temp and all day it stayed extremely cool to the touch. I left the wire disconnected.

The Ibuzzed out the sensor to ground and it is not a dead short. Is there a resistance reading for this sensor??

the factory manual lists NOTHING about it other than to replace it.

Thanks in Advance

PS. Is there a stronger motor mount to buy d\for this ski?? this things go thru mounts every couple of years. It doesnt get abused bad, averaging only 30 hours a year.

Smitty
    [img]graemlins/cwm3.gif[/img]

We carry stiffer rubber mounts.

The sensor is chemical based and breaks down over time. You just have to replace it. It's normal.

Comment

how much are the mounts?? are all 4 mounts the same part number ??

how would I order them??

youdont carry a replacement sensor do you ?? The odd thing about it was i thought it would read a low resistance to ground now.. It doesnt.

Smitty. [img]graemlins/buck.gif[/img]

Comment

The mounts, shown here in our Products section, are $22 ea. Just call to order them.

No, we don't have the sensor, but you can get one cheap from www.hlsm.com or www.epowersports.com

Comment

Can you give me a link or info on someone here in the southeast that i can buy parts from?? seem like the local crook ( er dealer) doesnt keep ANYTHING in stock...

Thanks

Smitty [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Comment

www.hlsm.com Part# 278000194 $16.14

Comment

Working...
            X