At a loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: At a loss

if you can jump the relay and engage the starter then replace the solenoid because it is bad.

Comment

Ok. Mpem has tested out ok for ohm ranges. Have checked out everything else that I can think of and still lead back to bad mpem. Is this possible if it tests out ok? It seems to do everthing but send a signal to the starter solenoid.

Anything else anyone can think of would be appreciated since I am at my wits end.

Comment

I had this on my 95, you push the starter button, the gauge lights come on does a single beep and then it turns off, doesn't turn over or anything. I did the ohm tests from my clymers manaul and the MPEM was way off, but with the MPEM the only way to test it is with a new known good MPEM...I replaced the mpem and it's been working....

Comment

Originally posted by parrothd
          I had this on my 95, you push the starter button, the gauge lights come on does a single beep and then it turns off, doesn't turn over or anything. I did the ohm tests from my clymers manaul and the MPEM was way off, but with the MPEM the only way to test it is with a new known good MPEM...I replaced the mpem and it's been working....
          Thanks! The MPEM is the only thing I can keep going back to as being bad. Will have to break down and buy a new one. Learned a lesson buying a used MPEM.

Comment

Working...
          X