don t start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don t start

last day my seadoo start nice in 3 minute the motor go off now don t star nothing no click no noice nothin all the fuse is ok where is the problem?
    seadoo 1998 xp

Re: don t start

When you plug in the key, does it go "beep beep"?? Do you have any power at all to the gauges?
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

no have nothin no power no beep all is dead new bat all fuse perfect es dead

Comment

You have a ground problem. Use an ohm meter and check the main battery ground, from the battery to the block. Also check your ground connections on the MAG cover (front of ski). Next to the carbs, under the pipe, there will be a small bolt holding on a few 12awg wires.

Any work done on the ski recently?
        Dan Solie -
        94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

never we work never, i put new bat start in the first shot 3 minute late go off we try start one more time a nothing no beep no power no nothing

Comment

Check the 5 Amp fuse on the MPEM..., thats the computer bolted to the upper left side of engine compartment... does the VTS work?? AKA the trim... if the trim doesn't work and the 5 amp fuse is blown, that is probably the problem, I had the same problem on a 98 XPL. A bad trim module will blow the 5 amp, if trim don't work, replace module or disconnect completely. The 5 amp fuse is the main fuse for the MPEM.
            Goodluck!

Comment

the vts work perfect monday i go to check the cables all the cables one by one

Comment

No beep? May be a bad DESS post.
                1999 SEADOO GTX Limited
                1997 SEADOO SPX
                1996 SEADOO SPX

Comment

Should still have gauge power by pressing the start/stop button though.. Press the button 5 times, fast... Anything?
                  Dan Solie -
                  94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

today monday i check one moretime i do all you say but no power a buy a nother bat just in case no powwer what you want do next? no beep all fuse are ok cables ok the bat is ok i pull out the computer check de fuse and is ok i change de coil and the same problem wheres i fine a mechanic i am in philadelphia , one day i take the key off and the motor no go off tha hapend only one time
                    Last edited by fujitivo; 11-24-2008, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Its possible the mpem has gone south.... I have one with a programmed key if you need it.

Comment

If all the fuses are good, then do like he said and check all of the ground cables and wires on the motor. One large ground cable connects to the engine back by the starter motor and one connects to the engine at the bottom of the front magneto cover.

After you know the grounds are good, use a test light to check all of the power wires and fuses to see where you are losing your power.
                        If your VTS is shot, unplug it so that it will not short out and take all of the power away from the rest of the system.

When everthing is right, you can plug in the lanyard and hear two beeps, telling you the ignition is armed and ready to run. Pushing the start button will start it if the relay is good and the starter motor is connected and working right.
                        Bill O'Neal <br>
                        WCM
                        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
                        X