1998 GSX still runing wide open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1998 GSX still runing wide open

If you took the magnet cup off the flywheel and didn't put it back in the same place the timing will be off. Unbolt the magnet cup and set the protrusion on the magnet cup so the hole in the flywheel is to the right of it.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Vic, you need to bend the arm to it is flush or just slightly below the carb body.
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Good news and bad, finally have success in contolling my run away engine, you were dead on regarding the high needle arm, bent it down and the air leak is now gone, cranked ski , it ran at low idle for 2-3 minutes (without running away) and then died, it is now starving for fuel. I feel very little vacum on the carb fuel inlet. I assume there should be vacum pressure there pullin fuel. I checked the line on the bottom of the carb going to the engine and it is blowing much stronger than the fuel inlet is sucking. I rebuilt carbs and the pump side of number one carb, I could have something wrong in there. My question is how much vacum pressure should I be feeling on the fuel inlet on the carb. I think we are finally getting somewhere, if I can just get fuel back to pumping. Thanks for your patience and support.

Comment

Working...
        X