Oil with New Engine plus Block-Off Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil with New Engine plus Block-Off Kit

Okay, I'm getting closer to firing-up the new SBT 587 engine I ordered. I ordered and installed a block-off kit, too. I want to be sure I've got the right oil arrangement.

I bought a half gallon of Bombardier Formula XPS2 Synthetic Injection oil to put into the oil tank to circulate through the modified system. I understand this oil should be changed once per year. Is this the right oil and changing frequency?

I plan to use the SBT break-in oil as pre-mix based on the mixing formula on the back of the bottle until it's used-up. Is this correct?

After the break-in oil is used-up, what should I use for pre-mix?

Thanks
    Zack Jones &gt;<br />(Still Learning)

You can use any 2 stroke oil in the oil bath, it doesn't need synthetic. Yes change it every year.

The 587 does not require synthetic although you can use it and enjoy less smoke out the back. All you need is regular Sea-Doo oil. Yes use that after the break-in oil for your 40:1 pre-mix.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

> All you need is regular Sea-Doo oil.

I'm new to 2 strokes, in general. Is this different from the "Injection Oil" that I have purchased to circulate?
      Zack Jones &gt;<br />(Still Learning)

Comment

Sea-Doo makes a Mineral (regular) and synthetic (XPS-II). The mineral is about 1/2 as much as the XPS-II, and you can find it at most Wal-Marts along with any dealer.

Comment

Wal Mart sells Sea Doo Bombardier oil? I have never seen it. Which Wal Mart around here are you talking about? Thanks.

Comment

I know the one on Missouri at least sold it last year, that's the last time I was in it. Not all of them carry it, but it is carried by some in the chain.

Comment

Thanks I will have to check that out since it's got to be cheaper than the dealer.

Comment

yep, even here in my little hick town our walmart has it,and its not even a super wally world!

Comment

Yes I have it too. $18.99 per gallon, and 4.99 per qt.

Comment

Re: Oil with New Engine plus Block-Off Kit

If it is just for the oil bath, do you need to use 2-stroke oil at all?? Or a good synthetic reg motor oil. Just a thought. Not any more cost effective, curiosity I guess.

KO

Comment

Re: Oil with New Engine plus Block-Off Kit

You can use whatever oil you want, in the bath.

Comment

Working...
                      X