GP 1200 guages not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP 1200 guages not working

I bought my ski used. if you start it up it runs for about 5 seconds the shuts off. If you dis connect the battery the re connect the battery and try to start it again it will run for 5 more seconds then shut off.I found that if the wires that lead to the guags are un plugged and reversed the ski truns great but the guages are not working at all. If you push the code button it asks for a code? Is there a factory default code? Do you guys have any thoughts??????

Re: GP 1200 guages not working

You have to reset the code if you do not know it. If you open the front hatch there is a single blue wire. Disconnect single blue wire going to guage and hold mode button down until four blank spaces show up and enter new code.....

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by dtd696
      You have to reset the code if you do not know it. If you open the front hatch there is a single blue wire. Disconnect single blue wire going to guage and hold mode button down until four blank spaces show up and enter new code.....

Hope this helps
      CODE?????????????? I just got a gp1200r, is there some sort of code system to lock the ski???

Thanks!
      Brandon

Comment

My '99 GP1200 has a "lock" and "start" mode. If you hit the mode button you can change it from start to lock and have to enter a pre-programmed code to unlock it. I thought that 98 and up had this security feature onthe GPs. Hopefully others more in the know on this forum will chime in here.

Comment

Thanks I will try that

Comment

Lookin at the owners manuals they stopped in 99 =/ 00-03 are diff, no lockout and far less features on the cluster, the old ones had a oil level gauge, clock, lockout and a few other features. it SUCKS they took those out, a clock would be awesome as well as a real oil gauge My guess since its quote a 'race' ski they felt those were fluffy options they could delete and pocket the money on =/ Shame the other cluster wouldnt work in mine as i would change it in a heartbeat...

B

Comment

this is a 1997 gp 1200

Comment

After you reset the the cluster (vie either the blue wire trick or leave it off battery for a long time), I believe the default code is AAAA -- I had the same issue with my '97 gp1200 after it sat unused for 2 years.
                James
                1997 gp1200
                2000 gp1200r

Comment

yea mine did some weird stuff like that after i had the battery/engine out. It would start once without putting in a code, after that it had to be unlocked or battery unplugged/reconnected. I can't remember, but I don't think the gauges worked right until it was unlocked.

Comment

Hello everyone, sorry to bring this thread back but does anyone knows if you can turn the security feature off all the way!!! My buttons are about to break and i am afraid that is going to happen in a long run.

Comment

I dont think you can.
                      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
                      X