Raider1100fuel return.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raider1100fuel return.

Is there supposed the be a restricter in the fuel return line to control the pressure. Thought I read that there was a recall about this . Just want to check if I need this .
    Thanks for the informative site.

The carb will have the restricter built in. Do you feel like you're having fuel starvation problems? JB.

Comment

what ski? if its a raider 1100 not necerarily. there was a recall. not all raider 1100 were taken in for the recall so somehave the recall some dont
      Rob

Comment

raider 100 '96
        have the screws alot more out than stock so was wondering if this was it

Comment

Revman heres the link to the recall http://www.geocities.com/coscaperformance/page5.html
          also check with the dealer because since it is a recall yamaha shoudl be responsible in paying for it.
          Rob

Comment

pull the fuel line return hose off at the cyl#1 carb and look at the tube it slids onto...should be blocked with a pinhole in it..if it's wide open like the fuel inlet line then you don't have the upgrade. Not a recall , just a TSB...but important to prevent lean siezure etc.

Dave
            97 venture11/1200, 01gp12r stage1, 02F12X
            dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

Dav_
              to tell you the truth it is a recall/update. i had my update done at the dealer and yamaha paid for it. I got a letter in the mail stating it is a recall/update. There is also another thing thats for water splashing. the dealer will add these 2 pieces of fiberglass bubbles to the bottom of the hull to stop it from splashing. its riveted in the hull so thats why I didnt want it done. as far as im concerned if it was caled back by Yamaha and they paid for it than its a recall in my opinion
              Rob

Comment

Rob,
                you are right, my bad. I have a copy of the update and didn't realize it was a recall.

Thanks for the good information dude!

Dave
                97 venture11/1200, 01gp12r stage1, 02F12X
                dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

Oh no problem dudei figure since yamaha is picking up the tab than it has to be a factory recall. on updates it comes out of our pocket
                  Rob

i would go to the dealer and tell them about the recall and see if yamaha will puick up the tab. they should since its a recall and there is no time limit on the recall

Comment

Working...
                  X