Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waveventure 1100 carb setting

on a 1100 wave venture 1996
    what is the right setting for high and low speed?
    is the same as the 1100 raider?
    thank you for your help.

Factory airbox? You make me go out to car to get my book---- oh well.

As taken from Yamaha Factory book;

lows--all-- 1 1/8, +/- 1/4

highs--all-- 7/8, +/- 1/4

Your overall adjustments may vary with fuel blend, climate, elevation, and all the other relative conditions.
    ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

yes, fatory air box
      thank you very mutch.

Comment

CaptToyota ,
        today I did the factory setting,
        the results are not good
        when I start the idle is a little bit too high, and when i accelerate the engine chokes itself
        sometimes it leaves and then when it reaches the high rpm it seems run well
        I went up to 60 mph on the speedo.
        must I increase the low of 1/4?
        can you give me your opinion?
        the old set was around 1 and 3/8 and it run not so bad but it seems it didn't run too bad but the high rpm didn't seem to give the whole power. and the idle was good.
        [img]ftp://pascal.weydmann@ftpperso.free.fr/jet/VENTUR01.jpg[/img]

Comment

hey Hal,
          i have the same settings in my 97 book, but my pocket spec book, LIT-18571-SD-98 printed may 1998, shows diff settings for the 96..it shows:
          5/8 (F,R);3/4(C);+-1/4 on all highs
          1-3/8 +-1/4 on all lows

Same 75pilot, but 107.5(F,R);95(C)mains...same n/s=1.2

I would think service manual would be more accurate . Does the service manual show 95 center carb main? (don't wanna go out to the car and look for myself- LOL).

btw Hal, with your current setup what are your adjusters set at..getting ready to dial in my venture on friday.

thanks man,
          Dave

[ August 28, 2002, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: dav_dman ]
          97 venture11/1200, 01gp12r stage1, 02F12X
          dav_dman@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
          X