What needs to be replaced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What needs to be replaced?

My GP1300R has compression of 120/105/120. The middle plug also smokes when the gauge is removed. Also, engine temp. alarm. Which is the most appropriate repair:

SBT:
    1. Cylinder Exchange
    2. Top End Kit
    3. New Engine

Any idea on the cause of the problem

Re: What needs to be replaced?

Temp alarm means a lack of cooling water flow, so find your clog and take care of it regardless of your repair choice.

That center cylinder drop its'nt too bad, but obvioulsy it's had a seizure. First, stop running it until you fix it, your repair costs can triple very quickly if you run it more. Second, no one can guess what you need to do until you pull it out and tear it down for inspection. The cylinder might be ok and you may just need a piston and ring set. Maybe you need one new cylinder too. The crank is probably fine, although since I have no idea what the history of the ski is or what caused your damage, I can't say for sure - you'll need to verify when you tear it down.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

So it is possible to repair just the middle cylinder, if thats the only problem area? I wouldn't know what to look for if I tore the engine down. Does SBT have a list of mechanics in my area I could contact?

Comment

I have no idea where you are, but yes you can call into Sales on Tuesday and they can give you some ideas.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I would appreciate the help. I'll call on Tuesday. I am in Jacksonville, Fl. and have gotten some questionable advice.Thanks Again.

Comment

Working...
          X