Core returns are required within two weeks of the date of delivery on any remanufactured SBT product. All cores, crankshafts or other exchange parts shipped to SBT become the property of SBT.
SBT charges round trip shipping and handling if a core is due and provides a return airbill with your purchase of any remanufactured product. Use the original packaging and the prepaid airbill for the return shipping of your old core, crankshaft or other exchange part to SBT.
- Receipt of an SBT remanufactured engine, crankshaft, cylinder set, rotary cover, counterbalance shaft or any other product designated by SBT as requiring to be returned as an exchange constitutes an agreement to return the old "core"product.
- Cores subject to return should be packaged in the SBT box that your remanufactured product arrives in. Damages resulting from improper packaging of cores or other exchange parts are the responsibility of the Buyer and may result in additional damage charges.
- The Buyer's Core must be in transit to SBT within two weeks after the receipt of your Remanufactured SBT product. If the SBT provided return airbill is not used, Buyer must notify SBT with a tracking number to confirm the return of the required core.
- All cores received must be of the same make and model of the parts purchased from SBT. All Cores must be received by SBT in a rebuildable condition. SBT reserves the right to charge the purchaser additional fees if the returned core meets any of the following conditions:
- Cracked or damaged aluminum on cores, requiring replacement or additional processing before rebuilding can occur.
- Missing Parts.
- Aftermarket or Modified Parts.
- Extensive damage that prohibits reasonable rebuilding.
In the event the core you are returning meets one of the above conditions, SBT will assess additional fees. Any charges assessed may be reversed with the receipt by SBT of replacement parts. If you would like an estimate of additional fees prior to returning your core, you can take digital photos of any damages on the core you are returning, and email them to: email@example.com
SBT will assess the pictures for any additional charges that may apply and reply to you within 24 hours. Please note, this is an initial assessment only and may change once the actual item is received and physically inspected at our facility.
- Each Engine Core NOT returned within the two week period will be charged a $100 per week nonrefundable late fee.
- Each Crankshaft core or other part NOT returned within the two week period will be charged a $25.00 per week nonrefundable late fee.
- Late fees accessed for cores, crankshafts or other exchange parts are due immediately, become a condition of your original purchase, and are subject to payment accordingly.
- SBT is not responsible for any extra parts left on your core. In the event that extra parts are received on your core return, SBT will assess additional labor charges to remove the items and discard them. Extra parts cannot be returned to you.
New Product ReturnsSBT's goal is customer satisfaction. If for some reason you are not satisfied with your purchase whether your order was processed on our "SHOP SBT ONLINE" store or ordered through one of our Customer Sales Associates, you may return your product for a refund up to 60 days after the date of shipment.
In the event that the product you would like to return has been used, partially installed, damaged or otherwise not subject to resale, please follow the Warranty Return procedure.
The following steps outline the procedure for requesting the return of a new product:
- Request a New Return Authorization number from SBT by calling: 1-877-330-0231
- Items being returned must be sent in a separate box and in the condition in which they were received.
- Open items will be accepted only if all originally shipped parts, components and packaging is returned unused.
- SBT will not accept for refund any item that has been installed, modified, treated or used.
- All returns are subject to a 10% restocking fee (20% for OEM Parts). Restocking fees will be deducted from your refund.
- Shipping charges are not refundable.
- All returns must be clearly marked on the outside of the package with the "New Return Authorization Number" issued by SBT. Returns without a return authorization number may be denied a refund. Send your package to:
SBT Returns Department
1401 N. Myrtle Avenue
Clearwater, Fl 33755
- Properly package your items in order to prevent damage in shipping. SBT is not responsible for any lost or damaged returned goods while in transit.
- It is recommended that you use an insured carrier with a reliable tracking system to return your merchandise. It is also recommended that you insure your contents for the replacement value of the goods. Please retain your tracking number until SBT has received your return or in the event of loss or damage to your return shipment.
Please allow 48 hours upon confirmation of receipt of returned goods for processing your return. Refunds will be generated and returned in the same manner in which the original payment was received and normally occur within 5-7 business days.
Damaged or defective items must be documented by our "Returns Department" prior to shipping back to SBT.
SBT offers a standard 1 year, or premium 2 year fault-free warranty on our remanufactured engines. The warranty period starts on the date of the original purchase. Our warranty policy is the same for both one or two year warranties with the exception of the term.
The following procedure outlines our warranty process:
- All warranty claims can be submitted to SBT in writing, by telephone or online at firstname.lastname@example.org within a period of (14) days from the Buyer's discovery of any defect or problem covered herein.
- A warranty claim does not become effective until a Returned Goods Authorization Number (RGA) is issued by SBT's Warranty Department.
- Buyer has thirty (30) days to return the warranted goods to SBT. All warranted goods returned to SBT must be clearly marked on the outside of the package with the SBT issued RGA number and the shipment must arrive prepaid to SBT. In addition, include this RGA number on any correspondence or paperwork that may be inside the box you are returning. The product must arrive with only the original parts supplied by SBT on the original purchase. SBT is not responsible for any extra parts left on your returned goods. Parts left on any warranted product that are not part of the original invoiced sale will be discarded by SBT, may be subject to additional labor charges, and cannot be returned.
- SBT assumes no liability for installation or removal charges or damages to other components or assemblies resulting from failure of an SBT product.
- SBT will not accept for warranty any engine that has been modified or disassembled, including but not limited to the removal of the head.
- Any warranty work performed by SBT does not extend the original warranty period on either our 1 year or 2 year warranties.
- SBT does not offer any warranty on personal watercraft (PWC) used for RENTAL OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
- SBT does not offer any warranty on personal watercraft (PWC) used for racing.
- Your account must be current and in good standing before SBT will perform any warranty work.
The expressed written warranties set forth herein constitutes the only warranties made by SBT in connection with your engine purchase. All other warranties, expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly disclaimed. All limited warranties specified herein are conditioned upon the Buyer's immediate notice to SBT of the alleged fault or defect.